Our office has reopened! We have resumed our normal hours for walk-in customers. Our lobby doors open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. You can also continue conducting business by telephone (760-745-5522) and online. Here are additional resources that are available to you:
Paying Your Water Bill – For your safety and the safety of our employees, we would like to encourage you to take advantage of our online and phone payment systems. Currently, there are no fees charged for using either bill payment service:
- Pay By Phone: 866-933-3507 (available 24 hours)
- Quick Pay (online): On our website, click on “Customer Care” and then on “Pay Your Bill”
Late Payments – Late payments will be accepted without a penalty and no meter lock-offs will occur while we remain under the Governor’s Executive Order.
Resources for Paying Your Water Bill – If you are having difficulties paying your water bill, these resources may provide you with assistance:
- 211 – is a 24-hour phone referral service for people needing assistance with paying utility bills, food, health services, domestic violence assistance, shelter and many other needs. When you call 2-1-1, you get an actual human on the phone who will do a database search to help you find solutions. Often, water bill funding is quickly depleted in San Diego County, but 211 researchers can help find potential funding for other utilities to offset costs. For online inquiries go to www.211.org.
- San Diego County United Way Fund: is intended to help with utility bills, rent, and mortgage payments. It’s for low-wage workers who need support for a limited, but undetermined length of time. Go to https://uwsd.org/covid19/ for more info.
- Modest Needs Foundation: is a grant program. It is for unusual or emergency situations, and if approved, Modest Needs would pay the bill in its entirety. You would not be expected to repay the grant. Go to www.modestneeds.org.
- Payment Plan: Rincon Water will work with you to make a payment plan. Call us! We’re happy to help! 760-745-5522.
Why can’t you just forgive my bill? Unfortunately we can’t. Proposition 218, voted into law by California voters in 1996, prohibits government agencies from allowing funds from some customers to subsidize other customers. Doing so would be illegal since Rincon Water is a non-profit, government agency. We don’t make a penny on the water we sell. The reason electric companies, phone companies, and other utilities can offer discounts and bill forgiveness is because they are “for profit companies” and the law does not apply to them.
About Covid – Click here to see what our customers have been asking about COVID-19 relative to water supplies, in our COVID-19 FAQ.