Ordinance 15-120.2Rincon Water is currently at Level 1 – Drought Watch
Rincon Water’s Board of Directors voted in late June 2016 to rescind Level 2 – Drought Alert of its Drought Response Ordinance and to reinstate Drought Level 1 – Drought Watch, until further notice. The level 1 water use reduction level is voluntary and encourages customers to achieve water savings up to 10% as mandated by Rincon Water’s Ordinance 15-120-2.
Although there is no longer any restrictions on the number of days per week landscape can be irrigated or the numbers of minutes of run time per irrigation station, the following restrictions are permanent and must be observed:
- No hosing off of sidewalks, driveways, and other hard surfaces
- No watering during or 48-hours after measurable rainfall event
- No washing automobiles with hoses not equipped with a shut-off nozzle
- No use of non-recirculated water in a fountain or other decorative water feature
- No watering of lawns in a manner that causes runoff
- No irrigating ornamental turf on public street medians with potable water
- No serving of drinking water at eating and drinking establishments other than upon request
- Offering guests the option of not laundering towels and linens daily at lodging establishments
- Irrigating landscape only within the hours of 8:00 pm to 9:00 am
NOTE: Noncompliance with these permanent water use restrictions may result in fines up to $500 per day until corrected.
Please call 760-745-5522 X503 if you require assistance.